While both ceramic and porcelain come from the same family, they can be extremely different in look and feel, installation, and durability. Ceramic tiles are easier to cut and shape, however porcelain tiles are stronger and can usually be found in more recent and precise styles. Smooth-surface tiles are likely to be slippery when they're wet. Think carefully before installing highly glazed tiles on a bathroom floor, especially if this bathroom is often used by very youngsters or seniors. Also keep in mind that Saltillo tile is porous, and should never be used in rooms where water is often splashing, like bathrooms or kitchens.
Mohawk produces high quality porcelain tile with durable construction for residential or commercial applications. We offer dozens of their tile collections, for homeowners and businesses who wish to cultivate a feeling of class and distinction including:
- Primabella collection, beautifully combined neutral tones that lend elegance and class to every room, whatever its decor.
- Pearlescent Glass collection, a new and vibrant choice of glass mosaics, perfect for creative decorators who seek a one-of-a-kind look with a fluid aesthetic for a lively and colorful home.
- Bucaro collection, captures the look of natural stone with a rustic influence.
- Cardenas collection, beautifully marbled tile that can be had in several neutral shades, making it ideal for a changing color palette.
- Villarreal collection, with a diverse range of designs, sizes and colors to choose from.
- Gravura collection, featuring gorgeous mixtures of steel gray, rust and olive for the stunning look of natural slate.
Mohawk's unique Reveal Imaging process is the most advanced printing technology in the industry. It transforms regular tile into the most realistic appearances of stone and hardwood we've ever seen. Reveal Imaging creates a variety of authentic looking tile choices, so you can design your rooms truly unique to you. In fact, Reveal Imaging makes natural stone and hardwood looks that are affordable and accessible.
If you would like additional information, or to personally view Mohawk's outstanding collection of tile products, phone us, e-mail us, or drop by at our showroom in Albuquerque, NM at your convenience to discuss your interest in tile flooring or wall coverings with one of our experienced remodeling consultants.